WordPress HTTPS is intended to be an all-in-one solution to using SSL on WordPress sites. WordPress HTTPS is well-known for being the “heavy-hitter” of SSL plugins. The latest release focuses on speed and performance.
- Change all internal scripts, stylesheets and images to HTTPS if the page is being viewed via HTTPS to prevent partially encrypted errors.
- Supports Shared and Private SSL.
- Force HTTPS on only the pages you need to be HTTPS.
- Force pages to HTTP that have not been forced to HTTPS.
- Change external elements to HTTPS. The plugin will check for the existence of external elements over HTTPS and, if available, will change them to HTTPS.
- Override the external element HTTPS check. If you know that all external elements can be loaded over HTTPS, this option will save some load time on your pages.
- Stop WordPress from changing all of your page, category and post links to HTTPS on HTTPS pages.
Read the Installation Guide. If after setting up the plugin you are experiencing issues, please check the FAQ. If you are still unable to resolve your issue, start a support topic and someone from the community may be able to assist you. If you need immediate assistance, I am available for hire. Unfortunately, I do not have time to support the plugin for free.
If your SSL needs are simple, there are many fantastic, light-weight alternatives to WordPress HTTPS such as:
- Really Simple SSL (great for securing the entire site)
- SSL Insecure Content Fixer (great at fixing most insecure content errors)